PDA

View Full Version : win free tickets from the onion

wendyandlisa
02-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Thursday, March 8 at 9:30pm
Six Strings and Chicken Wings at Bryant-Lake Bowl!

Experience some of the cities' finest acoustic performers in an intimate and personal setting while enjoying tasty organic chicken wings (at happy-hour prices!) and yummy beer. Amazing artists spanning the musical genres will treat you to memorable moments at Six Strings and Chicken Wings: It's finger-picking good! Brought to you by Motion Promotion.

This month's artists include High On Stress, Robert Wilkinson from The Flamin' Ohs, and The Mad Ripple (Jim Walsh). If you are interested in attending for free, email twincitiespromo@theonion.com with "Six Strings" in the subject line.
Bryant-Lake Bowl
810 W. Lake St.
Minneapolis
(612) 825-3737

David
02-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Six Strings and Chicken Wings is a really fun show. I encourage people to check it out whether or not you win free tickets. It's almost as laid back and intimate as the Hoot itself.

wendyandlisa
03-08-2007, 06:40 AM
They survived the storms, and they've still got four and a half cases of light beer and one 12 pack of orange soda on the hotel balcony. I don't think they're leaving for a few more days. The tournament isn't over yet and there's still plenty of bacon at the buffet. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they find out that the roads are all plowed and they won't be able to make it home by snowmobile. Armadillos.

Basil doesn't care though - he can sleep through anything. Lucky for him armadillos can't see you when you sleep and they have no sense of smell. Get in, eat chicken wings, get out.

Thursday night, Bryant Lake Bowl - 9:30pm
The Mad Ripple (Jim Walsh) (closing the evening)
Robert Wikinson (Flamin' Oh's/Snaps) (middling the evening)
High on Stress (starting the evening)

Six Strings and Chicken Wings. Acoustic (sort of) performances with a back drop of chicken wings.

"We expected so much from you, but you let us down." The Hussy's

Rock like a rocket sled fuel tank.

Nick, Country 'D. Boon v. Clucky the Chicken' Baker, Mark, The Incredible James
High on Stress
http://www.highonstressband.com
http://www.myspace.com/highonstress
highonstress@mac.com