PDA

View Full Version : Ani @ The Cedar (ticket info)

solace
03-20-2006, 02:18 PM
figured there was enough people interested in this to give it it's own thread :)

Saturday, April 22 8:00 PM (7:00 PM doors)
The Cedar presents Ani DiFranco with Hamell on Trial
at The Cedar, Minnesota
U.S.$41.00
Price includes $1.00 Cedar restoration fee
On sale: Monday, March 27 at 2:00 PM Central

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=xxx&query=search&search=cedar&date=&genre=&searchregion=xxx&interface=ticketweb&searchpagenumber=2&beginmonth=3&beginday=20&beginyear=2006&endmonth=3&endday=20&endyear=2007&sortorder=0&next=0&prev=(null)

Hamell on Trial is hilarious

Zosia Blue
03-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks!

solace
03-20-2006, 02:28 PM
i expect some pretty great reviews of this show, since i cannot attend :(

andrea
03-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Maybe we could do dueling reviews or something. :)

Does $40 seem steep to you guys? I don't remember paying that much to see her in the past.

David
03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
It seems reasonable for what looks like a dream show. That still doesn't give the venue a whole lot to pay the artists and cover costs.

solace
03-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Maybe we could do dueling reviews or something. :)

Does $40 seem steep to you guys? I don't remember paying that much to see her in the past.
it's right at what she was charing last full scale tour $35-45 (in much larger venues i might add). i actually expected $50+ for this show.

Stensby
The one time I've seen her I slept in line for tickets (under the suggestion of a pretty lady I was in to at the time), got amazing seats, but didn't recognize a single song she played. I only have to assume the situation would be the same/worse four years later.

Zosia Blue
Yeah, her ticket prices are slowly going up. She played at the Cedar several years ago, and the tickets were $20something then.

solace
03-20-2006, 02:57 PM
first time i saw her was in '96 back in Montana, and i think i paid $15-18. but the last solo tour i saw her at ('02 or '03 at Northrop) i seem to recall it being $32 or so.

i prefer her w/ a band but she's fantastic either way.

liveintown
03-21-2006, 08:24 AM
You can see her at the Cedar (a non-profit, volunteer run, one-of-a-kind folk venue) for $40, or maybe (just maybe) pay less and see her in a big venue where the money goes to...? I'll take the Cedar for 40, ma'am! Actually I'm hoping to work this show and pay $0, but we'll see. I haven't seen her since the early 90s at First Avenue, back in the good ol' days when you tipped the bartender and you got a comp for any show you wanted. We'd all like it if everything was cheap or free, but the system just doesn't work like that anymore. Let's just be happy we've all seen somebody at some early date in their career and rejoice at that. See: Billy Bragg at Fine Line.
-live

From Ani's site:

ANI’S BACK ON THE ROAD
The rumors are true, after a short hiatus from touring Ani DiFranco is easing back onto the road with select festival and theater dates. This year, the touring will be a little different, with Ani focusing on smaller, more intimate venues in general. April finds the Little Folksinger at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on Friday the 28, after shows in Columbia, MO; Nashville, TN; and Atlanta, GA. Last June Ani announced she would be taking a break from touring after 15 continuous years of performing. She’s not likely to revert back to her previous schedule of over 100 gigs a year, so be sure to catch her while you can.

andrea
03-21-2006, 08:58 AM
After some reconsideration, I would probably pay twice as much just to see her again. I have seen her twice and both times I just sat there with my mouth hanging open and my heart trying to fly out, so it will be worth it.

David
03-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I haven't seen Ani live yet, but the mouth hanging open part applied to when I saw Hammell on Trial. He was also amazing.