Go Back   HowWasTheShow Forum > Administration > Daily Recommended Event
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Daily Recommended Event Show pick of the day. This is a temporary forum which will disappear when the functionality is built into the front page of the site.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #21
Jen
Administrator

Daily Recommended Event for Friday, May 11th

Andrew Bird w/ Dosh at First Avenue

With the ridiculous number of show choices you have for tonight, you're gonna have to go with your gut on this one. My gut is in the mood for some loops, swings, violin, ridiculous whistling, and pretty vocals. It's a damn good thing my gut is right on with its cravings as the never over-hyped Andrew Bird is in town for one night only. If you like watching one man literally juggle a guitar, violin and a variety of other instruments while putting on the most amazing display of whistling you've ever seen (no, seriously, I wouldn't mention it twice in a paragraph if it weren't true), you'd better hope you either already have a ticket, or you'd better plan on getting to First Avenue damn early. It's gonna be sold out and, if you're like me, your gut won't forgive you if you miss it. 7:30pm - $20 - AA (Stacy Sandstrom)
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #22
Jen
Administrator

Daily Recommended Event for Tuesday, May 22th

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club with The Cobbs and Eastern Conference Champions at First Avenue

Take a moment from the computer for a long, hard look in the mirror. If you see something dirty and wanting?put on your favorite shoes and go watch Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. If you have an internet dating profile, there?s probably no need for the mirror.

Tickets are $20 at the door. Twenty bucks? Well?you get what you pay for. This kind of full-blown high isn?t always cheap. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is one of the best bands in the world and they are worth every penny. You will enjoy yourself.

Not many bands can crank it out like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. They bring the hammer and it feels good?real good. Their live performances are impressive. It strikes a nerve that runs down your spine and buckles the knees. And it stays with you for a long time. These guys have managed to tap into something honest and true. Their brand of rock & roll comes off the stage with the grace of a mountain lion. There?s nothing to do but hold on. You will feel like a million bucks on the way home. (8pm - $17/$20 - 18+)

Thank you.
Charlie Vaughan
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #23
Staciaann
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Staciaann
Default XYZ Affair at the Nomad

It's been a while since we've put these up, and I know there's a lot going on tonight, but if I can convince one person to go to see this band, I'll be happy.

The XYZ Affair are pushing out from under the radar. The boys met at NY University and began playing what I can only describe as accapella power-rock pop music. Their music is generally light-hearted and seriously fun to listen to. I had a chance to see them last time they tore through Minneapolis, and also at this year's SXSW. They just released a new EP called Trials, and so should have a nice block of new material to share - plus, they do a killer cover of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing." I promise this will be worth your time.

The XYZ Affair plays The Nomad tonight with Bill Mallonee (ex Vigilantes of Love), Secret Panels
9pm / 21+ / $10

More on the band here: http://www.thexyzaffair.com/
Listen here: http://www.thexyzaffair.com/?page_id=5
Staciaann is offline   Reply With Quote