Go Back   HowWasTheShow Forum > Discussions > Recorded Music
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recorded Music Discuss local and national CDs, new releases, etc. here.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
Pat
Senior Contributor

Default "The one with the toy gun on it"

So for some reason I have been obsessively listening to a bunch of albums from my first couple years of college, "The Downward Spiral" from NIN,
"Diary" from Sunny Day Real Estate, "Bakesale" from Sebadoh, etc. and I cracked out the Foo Fighters first one.... and man, that album still stands up today as nothing else but a great fucking rock record. No grunge-iness or anything. Now, I admit I did skip over "Big Me" though I did power through about a minute of it but I especially like "Alone + Easy Target" and "X-Static" but honestly the best song on that album is the closer "Exhausted". Every single time I hear it it feels like the curtain officially coming down not only on Nirvana but the whole "grunge" scene itself.

Thoughts on this?
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:21 AM   #2
solace
Senior Contributor

Send a message via AIM to solace Send a message via MSN to solace Send a message via Yahoo to solace

while i think The Colour & The Shape is their best record, you're dead on, that first record totally rules (and yeah not so big on Big Me either).

sad that nothing they've done since then even compares. not to say they suck now, but i dunno... they're definitely a singles band now for the most part.
solace is offline   Reply With Quote